VACANCY: Administrative Assistant
Location: Marchwood C of E Infant School
Closing date for Applications: Monday 10th September 2018: noon.
The position is due to start as soon as possible following interview
Salary Type: Support Staff / Salary Grade B 1-3: (£16,905 - £17,148 per annum FTE)
Employment Type – Permanent 30 hours per week (08:45 – 15:30) 40wks per year (Term Time)
Contact Name: Stuart Calvert (Head teacher)
Address: Twiggs Lane, Marchwood, Hants SO40 4ZE
Telephone: 02380 868819 Fax: 02380 663723
You will be the first point of contact for our village Church School, meeting and greeting parents, visitors and contractors and will be working in our busy admin office alongside the School Admin Officer. The post requires the successful candidate to be a multi-tasking team player, prioritise effectively to meet deadlines and have excellent communication skills and a good sense of humour.
The successful candidate will:
• Have excellent administration, communication and organisational skills
• Be computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages and ideally SIMs and Tucasi, although training will be given to the right applicant
• Have empathy with pupils and be sympathetic to their needs
• Possess very good literacy and numeracy skills
• Have recent and relevant experience of working in an office, preferably in a school setting
• Be professionally discrete and able to respect confidentiality and understand safeguarding procedures
• Be able to work efficiently in a busy environment and use their own initiative to solve work related problems effectively
• Support the school's ethos and Christian mission statement
You will be responsible for:
• Maintaining accurate pupil records in SIMs, including attendance
• Recording dinners daily and managing weekly catering returns
• Collecting and recording all income on Tucasi (trips, sales)
• Pursuing outstanding payments and consent forms
• Sending texts/emails using Tucasi
• Preparing the weekly School newsletter and supporting the management of the school website
• Administering first aid and medication and be responsible for keeping all first aid kits up to date
• General photocopying and other administrative tasks
For a full breakdown of role, duties and responsibilities, please refer to the application pack or visit the school website ‘Vacancies’ page where application packs can be downloaded.
Marchwood C of E Infant School is a friendly and professionally rewarding place in which to work. Please come to visit us and see our school in action! Visits to the school are actively encouraged and warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit please contact the school on 02380 868819.
Completed application forms should be returned to Mr Calvert on email@example.com by noon on Monday 10th September 2018.
Marchwood C of E Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to enhanced DBS and CBL checks and very good references, one of which must be from the most recent place of employment. We are an equal opportunities employer.
It is hoped that interviews will be held at the school during the week beginning: Monday 17th September 2018
Those candidates who are successful in their applications will be informed of day/time for their interview as soon as possible after the shortlisting process which follows the closing date.