Our topic for this half term is a Science based topic called 'Fur, Feathers and Scales'. The Year 1 objectives for this topic are for children to understand that:
* There are different animals with different characteristics.
* To be able to identify and name a variety of common animals, including fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals
* To be able to describe and compare the structure of a variety of common animals (fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals, including pets)
* Animals need food survive. To group animals according to what they eat.
*Animals have senses to help them survive. When animals sense things they are able to respond.
* Name and locate parts of the human body, including those related to the senses.
This is a great topic where the children can engage in lots of fun learning to do with animals, including humans.
Please see below for links and ideas to help support your child at home.