Menu
Home Page

Travel Plan

At MIS we want to support our families travelling to school in a safe and where possible, active and sustainable manner. We are actively encouraging walking, cycling, scooting and car sharing to and from school. To see how we are doing this, please see our active School Travel Plan:

We currently have the Modeshift Bronze School Travel Plan award and we are currently working hard within school and the local community to achieve our Silver award. 

 

In school over the last few years we have run various initiative and campaigns including the road safety campaign Be Bright, Be Seen; Yr 2 Streets Ahead pedestrian training, bike smoothie stall at the summer fayre; taken part in Walk to School Weeks and international walk to school month known as Walktober; educational walks; the Sustrans Big Pedal and coming soon, scooter training. We have also this year had our zigzags outside the school repainted. It is through the School Travel Plan that these schemes are made possible. 

Our families travel to Marchwood CE Infant school from the village but also as far away as Blackfield and Totton. Nearly 80% of families currently walk, cycle or scoot to school with most of the remaining 20% travelling by car.

Air Quality Story Books: Click on these links to download our new story books focused on the air quality benefits of travelling actively to school. The KS1 bookA Wild Walk to School, focuses on how active travel enables time on the school run to be spent looking at nature during your journey

For more information of local and national events please see the calendar below:

Yr 2 Transition to juniors information:

‘Susie the Childminder’ website (https://www.hants.gov.uk/community/susiethechildminder) has books to help keep you pupils safe and also prepare for emergencies. ‘Travelling back in time with Susie the Childminder’ specifically looks at sustainable travel and has activities suitable for KS1 & 2 to go with it.

If you would like to know more about our School Travel Plan or become more involved with the initiatives in school please contact Mrs Elms in the school office. 023 8086 8819

Top